View Single Post
Hunni Bee 11:09 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I charge based on departure time. I do this for several reasons. My daughter's daycare provider (Nannyde) did! She didn't charge me what she did for other families needing 10 hours a day for care when my daughter was only with her for 6 hours a day, 4 days a week! Because of this, I could afford Nan's weekly rate and my daughter got to attend. If I had to pay what everyone else did, there would have been no way I could have had her there.

Why charge families from open to close if you don't want their child from open to close? People today take whatever they can get. If you offer 10 hour days, chances are, you're going to have kids in your care for 10 hours each day up until the very last minute even if parents are off hours before your closing time.

If you add in contracted hours and charge less to someone leaving at 3pm versus 530pm, chances are, you might make a little less money each week but many families might take advantage of saving a few bucks each week too and you can adjust your closing time.
Does drop off time affect your rates as well? Or if Kid A comes from 8-4 and Kid B comes from 10-6, does Kid B pay more because he has a later pick up time than Kid A, even though it's the same amount of hours?