View Single Post
Thriftylady 12:22 PM 09-13-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Direct them here. lol!

FFS, CRYING for a few minutes has NEVER killed a child, to date. It's one thing to tend to a child who needs something (changed, held, sick and needs attention). It's another thing to hand-hold them through life. Parents anymore teach their children that they can NEVER be disappointed and shield everything.

Then the kids grow up, not knowing basics, how to handle things, etc. and go and do stupid and sometimes, really crazy things. They are also the same kids who feel the world OWES them something. Well, NO ONE IN THIS world is owed anything by anyone. And I'm so tired of all the people who think that anyone does. All creating a spoiled child does is create a selfish, spoiled, entitled, rude, wasteful and crass adult, and that's not even the worst of what's created!

And then guess who complains? Moms, dads, other caregivers (such as aunts or uncles, etc) who didn't want to teach, but rather wanted to instead, CODDLE.
I totally agree. They keep saying they want to have another one when he is four. I told them the other day that the way they are raising him right now they better not or he will resent the next one and maybe treat it badly for taking the attention he is used to. She said "oh then I will spank his butt". I knew I was fighting a losing battle so I bit my lip but I wanted to say "or you could start teaching him now that he is PART of the world not THE world.