Thread: Daycare Injury
View Single Post
Gemma 08:48 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
They SHOULD have told you, but I can tell you that pickup time can be chaotic (trying to get the place picked up, paperwork in order that needs attention from parents, communicating with parents, kids who get amped up before going home, etc.). I'm guessing that informing you was an oversight.

Obviously, scraped knees on a 13 month old is pretty much par for the course (the last kid who learned to walk at my place would face plant over and over-I almost kicked her out of my daycare because I was so afraid she'd have a serious injury that I'd be blamed for!).

I'm not sure what you're asking about what you should do. Do you feel that someone hurt her or that she just fell down and they forgot to tell you? If you feel that she was intentionally hurt, you should definitely report to authorities. If you feel that she fell, as kids her age always do, then I would just mention at drop off that you were alarmed to find the scrapes, and ask that they remember to inform you next time. If it was an age-appropriate fall, I wouldn't get too alarmed, and I certainly wouldn't fuss over it. A parent who blamed me for a 13 month old getting scraped knees would likely be asked to leave my care for fear of being accused of liability for something that happens to ALL kids learning to walk.
I agree with all of the above