View Single Post
legomom922 08:19 AM 12-11-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:

Question 1.
Now that is out of the way, how would I go about charging for part time? Most people here have a 3 day minimum which is $25/day (equal to my $125/week) so they require $75/week for up to about 24 hours of care.

What you could do is have a 2 day min at $35/day and then say if they need more days 3, 4, 5 they get a discount and then its $25/day. I also would not say "up to 24 hrs" or you could get hit with a PT for 12/hrs per day! Just leave that out. I used to say "up to 10 hrs a day", but then a parent challanged me on it and they were late dropping off one day and late picking up, and then could not understand why I hit them with a late fee, because my contract stated "up to" 10 hrs. So that was the first thing I removed!

Question 2.
Can I charge $30 a day if it's part time and not require a minimum day or should I require at least two or three days a week commitment?

I would at least ask for a 2 day commitment! The less the amount of days, the more they pay. If they only wanted 1 day, hek, I would charge $45! You would be just fine asking for $30 or even $35 for 2 days.

Question 3.
What if I get a family who works on the other end of town and requires my open-close hours? I'm trying to get at saying if someone was at my 50 hours that I'll be open that I would charge $150 a week instead of $125, but I don't want them to know they could pick up an hour early at $125 a week instead of the $150

I see no problem there. Consider it OT. Or you can say it's $125/wk with pick up at 4, but if they pick up at 5, there is an extra $5 daily fee.

Last Question 4.
What does your hourly rate break down to for normal contracted hours? For over time hours? Thank you so much!
My OT hrs are $10/hr
My per rate changes depending on how long they are here since I charge by the day. Currently, I get $7/hr

My answers are under your questions, but it didnt turn out right!