View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 09-26-2017
I know you said your kids don't necessarily like saucy stuff (and you can make this less saucy too) but my kiddos love chicken divan. When my own kiddos were young and still at home it was a favorite!! Re-heats great too!

There are a ton of different recipe's out there for chicken divan but this one is my favorite: ( we use fresh broccoli in place of frozen when possible)

Ingredients
2 (10 oz) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
6 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open one end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a 11X7 casserole dish that has been prepared with a non stick cooking spray. Top with shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for about 30-45 minutes.

Cook's Note: Try topping with cheddar or gruyere cheese.