View Single Post
Cat Herder 10:57 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
I had one family 2 years ago who brought me their child 3-4 days a week. They paid $120.00 a week and mom stayed home!!

The dad would drop him off in the morning and pick him up after work at night. Occasionally mom would pick him up if dad was working late. Apparently this child was a "handful" but he was not bad here. He was a very very busy little boy and had a whole lot of energy, but still a fairly good boy.

He did change though when mom or dad came to get him! It was a nightmare for mom or dad to get him to listen and go home! So sad!
Similar situation, here. I just do the "Buh-Bye at the door" routine and have had no issues.

DCP's, in the past, have expressed that they really feel they are doing the kids right by "letting" them have "friends" to play with during the week, providing a solid routine with another adult that will prepare them for pre-school, and giving them a nurturing environment that is child centered.

I agree to some extent, if the parents are unable to provide those things at home (it does not come naturally for everyone and I applaud someone who recognizes that in themselves and finds a solution), but 50 hours a week is just so extreme to me.... YKWIM?