View Single Post
melissa ann 09:06 AM 09-18-2009
If a provider allows 2 days per quarter per child, that can really add up if the parents use them. Which, they will whether their child is sick or not. They will be getting 2 days free so they will use them. I charge whether a child is here or not. I also have a 3 day min. rate. So, I'm lenient. If a child was scheduled for 3 days, but one of the days, the child is sick. I will allow the parent to bring the child on a different. It will still be 3 days. But, if they were scheduled for 4 or 5 days, I charge for those days child was out.
A 3yr dcb came here on Mon with runny nose and sneezing. Tue, coughs came into the picture. Wed he was starting to feel better. My kids ended up w/runny nose and sneezing. Tue I found out that grandpa had a fan on that blew over the boy while sleeping. Now, in my area, it's been in the 60/70's during the day and 50's sometimes 40's in the night. There is no need for a fan.

I don't understand how parents have no problem paying for a parking space, cable, electic, etc even when they are not using it and think nothing of it. Their children should be their most precious possession and they want to groumble over $16-$30/day if their child is not there. I charge $18 for 11 hours. Insane, I know. How many of the parents out there make that much a day for less hours?
And yes, most doctors, dentists, ect will charge even if the appt was missed.
I don't charge for my 1 week vacation, up to 5 personal days or holidays. IF I"m closed, I don't charge. If I allowed parents not to pay when they decide to keep their child home for any number of reasons. I would be broke. I might as well open a "Free" daycare at that rate.