View Single Post
gbcc 11:39 AM 12-29-2010
"My husband and I are planning on having a family very soon but I just wanted to get ideas on childcare costs before hand.

We live in the Fairport area and would probably need care at least 4 days a week, maybe 5 for 7 - 7.5 hrs a day.

We are really only able to afford about $75 a week or $20 a day but could possibly manage a bit more if we can't find good care for that price.

Please don't email me if your fees are more than $150 a week, we just aren't able to afford that.

Email me your fees and maybe a little about yourself (if you have kids and how many other kids you watch) and I'll keep your name in my book for the near future. Thank you."

In this area, the price of the cheapest home is 200K! Here is a response to this post!

"If you can only afford 20 dollors a day?/ One, either stop trying to get pregnant now.. because for 20 a day?? u will get the bottom of the barrel.. We have to claim that as income, this is our job, and as much as we like our jobs... Its a job... Dont write if we charge 150.00?? Oh we wont.. i charge 175 for an infant.. and earn every penny..
2nd.. maybe apply for daycare assistance.. where they will pay for care for you if u cannot afford it.. BUT!!! and i know I will get a few nasty emails for saying this.. But.. Ah, what the hell...If you cannot afford for care for your child, then why would you bring a child into this world? it does cost money to care for a child properly.. Maybe that sounds mean.. But, its reaity!! If you cannot afford for someone to care for your child, i wonder what else you may not b able to pay for.. Formula is expensive, diapers... BUT!!!! You live in Fairport... Not a cheap town to live in..Thats like me saying I live in Webster and cant afford daycare.. ok, I wouldnt be living here if I couldnt..
Just a thought and or, thanks for the laugh!! "