Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
storybookending 02:16 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I was assuming that she was asking about the child coming right back to daycare with fever and active sores. I do still exclude until sores are scabbed over, though, because that is what my pediatrician recommended to me (and most all of my parents use the same doctor, so he tells them this already. He is extra cautious about sick kids at my daycare because my immune-comprimised, fragile twins are his patients, as well. He urges parents to keep them home more than. Any other ped. In town).
Oh no fevers are gone and I already have a policy that fevers need to be under 101 without meds for 24 hours after returning to daycare. I don’t care the reason for the fever to be honest. As for the HFM from the sounds of it the 2 year olds case was/is very mild but I haven’t seen pics or anything. The 10 month old had an awful diaper rash that the parents just assumed was a regular diaper rash bc neither had ever seen a diaper rash and only got concerned when I told them the blister like appearance of it wasn’t a normal diaper rash. He had shots last week Wednesday and has also been trying new foods so there were a number of things to consider. Mom said he has/had two spots on his foot and the diaper area is still pretty bad but fever broke on Sunday.