View Single Post
wahmof3 10:21 AM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
..I really am glad I have the knowledge and the patience (some days) to be a DCP! And yes hate is a very strong word, but it is how I feel sometimes.

DS woke up at 3AM and then again at 4:30AM screaming. Took his temp and it was perfect (98.7) but still felt kind of warm, felt his gums and they were pretty swollen so I assume maybe cutting those 1 year molars and not feeling too good. I gave him some motrin and laid him in bed with us where he fell asleep. DH carried him into his room when my alarm went off so I could shower without disturbing him and he is just now stirring at 10 minutes to 9:00.

I can't help but think what it would have been like if we had to get him up when we got up to get him ready for DC if I worked outside the home. He would be just exhausted, running on E from being awake too early and not feeling 100%.

But instead, he gets to sleep in and get tons of mommy cuddles when he wakes up and spend the day in the comfort of his own home!

Things like that make this whole job with all the headaches that come with it sooooooooo worth it!

Amen to this

Even though mine are not that little anymore, I am glad I can be home for them. I cant agree with you more