View Single Post
MamaMightSnap 10:17 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I think this is the real issue. "Substandard". "Meets regulations" is now viewed as substandard.

My bet is after reading the state regulations and comparing them to the federal program regulations most will realize the new room is not actually substandard.

It is what was the norm and still above what many programs offer.

Not calling you out, Mama, just using that statement. I hear it a lot when discussing "quality" programs.
I'm not fully up to date on the licensing requirements. However, I am not completely in the dark about them either. When I say "substandard", I'm comparing to the rest of the center. Perhaps I should have chosen a different word. Maybe second-rate, inferior or lesser would be more appropriate here. Whatever the chosen adjective, the actions of the center don't sit well with me. To say that one child does not deserve the same quality of environment as another based on income is atrocious. I understand why the center wants to grant money. But they should have considered the ramifications that would ensue when segregating children in this manner.