View Single Post
daycarediva 09:45 AM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Mine as well. It is why I keep my rates low by applying for every grant possible without having to accept subsidy. My waiting list is at 4 years, now..

It is getting harder and harder to do. We are being forced out of business. Our ratios keep being lowered while our training, regulations and supply lists keep getting more and more expensive.

I hope you stick around the forum. You have more of an ability to make a difference than most providers with this issue.
I refuse to accept subsidy, and because of this I have an odd clientele that is all higher income but for whatever reason chose not to use a nanny (typically because they only have one child and want the socialization/school aspect) Dr's, dentists, local newswoman, etc.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The media is always a good place to vent.

Whatever method of media a person chooses to use is up to them but providers in my state have had some great successes by "venting" and sharing feedback via our local and statewide media sources.
I would comment or message a local news on facebook. That you have loved the care received, but are shocked with the regulations of segregation that the state has enforced.

Yes, please stick around! It's wonderful to have a parent perspective!