View Single Post
nannyde 10:10 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I understand that you have to charge what you charge for daycare but you do not understand that parents have to live to. I can not go broke and not pay my bills so that I can pay for daycare. We just want a good daycare for an affordable price. I think it is ridiculous that you talk about parents that way because you do not know their financial situation and what might have cause. They have to work to make sure that they put food on the table and they have to find daycare to provide the necessary things that their child might need during the day. Consider the parents and what they have to sacrifice to afford your prices instead of talking about parents. Next time be more considerate and understand the parents financial obligations. What you want me to do pay you or feed my child when they are not in your care and take care of my child.
Can I ask a question? What are YOU doing for parents who are going broke because they can't afford daycare? It's obviously a subject you are passionate about. What does your consideration and understanding translate into?

Are you offering free child care to parents who have to feed their kids and pay their rent? Are you offering free child care when you aren't working? Do you put your name out amongst family, friends and society that when you are off of work you will gladly care for their children to lift the burden off of those who can't afford daycare? Have you set up your weekends, evenings and holidays to be THAT person who DOES as opposed to say words about it?

You have plenty of time to be that person. Your family can volunteer for the parents you insist we must consider.

There are many hours in the week when you aren't working where you can volunteer for your passion. You can also barter child care with families in your exact situation. You can seek jobs that allow you and other families to care for each others kids for FREE in exchange for them doing it for you.

Go for it. Be considerate.

We don't owe parents consideration for their financial situation. What business that services children with goods or services considers their financial situation? Does Wal-Mart or Kentucky fried show you some LOVE at the check out counter? Does your utility company ask if you have kids you are struggling to feed when they tally up your monthly bill? Does your cable, internet, or cell phone give a flip about whether or not you have kids you are struggling to pay for?

We don't appreciate that sentiment being exacted upon us. Now some providers want to get their volunteerism on by discounting services but most have zippo interest in child care as their contribution to the poor or needy. They take care of kids every work day. They want to choose their own passion to do free or cheap. They don't need parents to suggest what they do for society.

When I ran my two decades of home child care I kept track of requests for services. Out of a hundred inquiries, only two were able or willing to pay my rates. I didn't give a second thought to the 98 that couldn't. It never crossed my mind to take into consideration and have understanding for the 98.

I didn't think of them any more than a car dealership would think of me when I saw a vehicle in the lot that was out of my price range. I can't afford it. So what? I didn't expect them to give my finances a second thought. They only care about my finances on the car I can afford. If they don't have a car on the lot I can afford they send me packing.

We are over it. Just because we are a profession of women... we shouldn't be expected to care or do something for the legions of families that can't afford child care. We expect people to consider that BEFORE they have kids.