View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:00 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:

I have worn infants and babies while sleeping in a sling. Is this ok even if they're squished at times? They are next to my chest so I hope that I would notice a change in breathing?

I've let infants and babies sleep in a stroller in they've fallen asleep on a walk. I bring the stroller inside and let them be. They were always very reclined but not flat. My strollers don't go totally flat. Is that ok?
Can't say on the strollers but my assumption would be that if they are not completely flat, then they are better off in a crib.

As for baby slings, yes supervision is key. I can't remember what type but there was once a case here in CA where a mom was wearing her infant while she was shopping. When she finished her shopping and head out to the car she took her infant out and the baby has passed away. Again, the key here is SUPERVISION. The mom assumed that her baby would be fine and didn't check on her infant until it was time to put the baby in the carseat.

I don't personally wear babies but if I did I would constantly check on them like every 5 minutes or so just because I think I'd be paranoid that I could suffocate the baby or the babu would stop breathing for some reason .