View Single Post
SilverSabre25 05:09 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Pretty sad.

I remember once at my former center this parent thought we served breakfast because the menu stated different things like pancakes, waffles, french toast etc.

Her mouth hit the floor when I told her that the morning snack was just something to get little tummys to lunch. Likewise with PM snack...just a little something to get through to dinner.

Her line of thinking was that we were serving a 5 course breakfast
yeah, it is. But that's the reality. I think some parents hear "snack" and think sweets and treats no matter what time of day. Also, I serve it at 9 (convenient for me due to DD's wake up time; dcks arrive between 7 and 8) and a parent expressed concern over breakfast being so late. So, I changed the name and voila! No more concerns, better lunches being eaten and most importantly, no whining about being hungry by the dcks until about 8:30!

I had been doing breakfast at 8 for the dcks then needed to feed DD around 8:45 or 9...which caused problems with the dcks...then snack was around 10ish and lunch wasn't getting eaten at noon so changing the time and name was one of the best things I've ever done.