Thread: 1099
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
TomCopeland's Avatar
TomCopeland TomCopeland is offline
Business Author/Trainer
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 3,066
Default Form 1099

You only need to file IRS Form 1099 Misc if you pay an independent contractor $600 or more in a year. If your activity teacher comes in to do specific activities for your children, then she is considered an independent contractor. If you hire a helper (someone who helped you care for children, rather than conducting an activity) you would have to treat her as an employee, not an independent contractor.
Reply With Quote