View Single Post
TaylorTots 11:05 AM 03-14-2014
I do NOT tell my parents which child bit their child. I tell them how it is being handled and then leave it up to them what they choose to do in terms of care. I would say something like this since you already told her it was your child:

"Biting is common during this age. As a group care setting child provider, I supervise all children and treat my child in this incident no differently than I would if it were any other child that bit. If a child bites another child, I continue to shadow them closely during play with others and will have them play separately if the biting continues. Those actions will be taken with my child, since he was the biter this time. Here is my guidelines on how I handle biting situations *hand DCM your biting policy* and here is my withdrawl form if you feel that group care is not the best option for your son. I understand that some families need one on one care, which is the ONLY way to guarantee that your child will not receive injury from other children. *Hand form to parent* Please let me know if you have any questions about my biting policy or how I handle all biting incidents."