View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 07:49 AM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
I guess you cant really fit a whole weeks story into a single post, haha!

DCB sleeps in crib at home in parents room. Just fine, they say. Here he does not want to be in the pack N play, I am guessing because his last provider had him since 10 weeks and always used his car seat or swing, so thats what parents said to do here. So, I guess it really isnt sleep training him if thats how he sleeps at home..its just sleep training him for my house, if that makes sense.

As far as terming..I am not bonding w this baby at all. My other 9m old I was in love with since day 1. I also don't feel like the parents and I really mesh (besides DCDs comment). It just doesn't feel right. I dont fill myself to the max with kids but I do have a waiting list for my 4th spot (new DCBs spot) so I feel if it doesnt feel like a good fit, why not term when I have the chance to end it without hard feelings?
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I read the OP's situation as if the parents DID and DO have their child sleep trained to a PNP in their bedroom.

Its the previous provider that "trained" or allowed him to sleep in the swing and/or car seat.

OP never said but I wonder if that is why the parents switched daycares?
Ya I was kind of confused by that too, but it sounds like there will be a little bit of training to get him used to the PNP at her house, but if the parents are being truthful about his sleeping at home, then hopefully it won't be too tough to get him to sleep at her house.

I guess I am just confused because the parents say he sleeps in a crib at their house, a swing/carseat at the old providers house, and the OP said the parents wanted her to continue that, but then got upset seeing him in his carseat I guess it just seems like it would be easier to keep his sleep routine the same as it is at home...in a crib/pnp. The old provider may have made that transition a little harder by using the swing and stuff, but if he is capable of sleeping in a crib at home, he should be able to do it at daycare and I kind of wonder why the parents didn't want that from the get go. Unless I am missing something, which is super possible as my coffee is not nearly strong enough for me this morning