Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
284878 07:25 PM 04-06-2021
I think I offended DCM.

Due to covid, the school keeps losing bus drivers and not replacing them. So routes keep changing. In January we got a new driver and she comes later than the other driver. I also started a DCB (that did not work out) that had to walk down to the bus stop, he would refuse to walk back up and we would not get back up in time for the next family to arrive.

So I said to dcm, the bus time has changed and we need to change your drop-off time by 5 minutes so I can get all the kids back to the house safely before you pull in. It should not be a problem since you normally come 6-8 minutes after the scheduled drop-off time, (she also would talk to me if she came on time). She gave me a look when I said that but she agreed to the change. (in the last month she has come 10-13 after the scheduled drop off time and still gets to work on time)

Just now she asked if they could go back to the normal time, "I know I'm normally late but I just wanted to check"
(Ironically the bus time is changing again after spring break.)

Did I offend her? I did not mean it as an insult, I was just pointing out that she already comes late anyways so there would not be any difference.