View Single Post
Holiday Park 08:24 PM 01-05-2013
I don't have any advice but I remember that first post about her. The way you describe her is like my 7 yr old DD has been becoming lately and she has always been veeeeery stubborn. And very smart. She potty trained in one day at 19 months of age. It's interesting you mentioned "gifted" . My daughter is going to be tested at her school for their gifted program. Actually both my Elementary school age kids are . Her and her 9 yr old brother. With my daughter I have to really spend a lot of time engaging in long intellectual conversations and really show her how to do stuff over&over while giving her the chance to practice herself too. When I don't pay as much attention to her or give her much praise she starts getting unmotivated and it can get harder to and harder to get her to do simple tasks like cleaning up after herself , daily chores etc.... I am actually feeling guilty right now because I feel like I haven't been giving her enough attention lately . Today I had to tun a bunch of errands. She came along and it was just the two of us (or her & my toddler) while the boys stayed home (I have a high schooler ) . I think wen I don't invest a certain amount of time in the kids , they start to have little problems like this. Generally we don't have to do much. But every so often I have to give them an entire lesson on how to do stuff or how do things differently or better and give them more motivation. Maybe she is either spoiled or mom&dad hasn't been able to give her as much one on one time as usual to nurture that giftedness . ?