View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:34 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Why? Mainly because the state is pushing the preschool down our throats, star ratings that are linked to subsidized payments, quality score ratings, parents being brainwashed into educational chide care, and I'm not tallking early childhood development, they want a full blown curriculum by the minute even for 3 month old children. And they still send them to centers by the age of 2, that is mostly the trend in California .
I know this particular response is 2 months old but I just wanted to clarify that CA is not enforcing a preschool type setting for infants, in fact the State is pushing the CA foundations. For infants it is solely developmental and encourages positive social interactions. Even for preschool age children the CA Preschool Foundations are all about learning certain things but how you teach these things is up to you. They just want some type of a curriculum ... that does not translate to worksheets even though sadly a lot of preschools go this route. They're about a positive learning environment and development reflecting age-appropriate competency through "Encouraging play-based active learning" <--- straight from the Preschool Frameworks (Volume 1).

The CA Foundations will all be tied in with the QRIS program. Here are the Foundations themselves.

What the kids should know:
California Infant/Toddler Learning & Development Foundations PDF

What the "teacher" should know:
California Infant/Toddler Curriculum Framework PDF

And just for reference, here is where you can find the preschool foundations (all three volumes in PDF) and the Frameworks.

California Preschool Learning Foundations

California Preschool Curriculum Frameworks