View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I have a 4 year old in care and was complaining that her belly is hurting and needs to go to the doctor. I said what does your belly feel like? Like you’re hungry or you’re sick. She said I’m sick, I’ve been throwing up at my nana’s house. So I asked if it was last night or this morning and she said both. Then informed me that she was given bubble gum medicine before she came here. I’m so livid. She obviously doesn’t have a fever and has not thrown up while she’s been here this morning so how do I bring this up to the parents that she needs picked up when I haven’t seen any physical symptoms?
Ask them if she's been experiencing any symptoms at home as she is complaining of her belly hurting now.

See what their reaction is. Hint around that a stomach bug seems to be going around and you just wanted to make sure she isn't getting it.

Most the time I can tell immediately if a parent is being truthful or not. Once you decide they are/aren't act accordingly.

fwiw~ I have a 4.5 yr old kid that tells me regularly that tomorrow he is going to skip daycare and is going to grandma's for a week so they can all go to the zoo together.

They went last summer.