View Single Post
Meeko 12:51 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I had a 3 yr old tell me that him and his sister were trying to decide if they should go to the new center that opened up or if they should stay here. Then a couple days later he came in and said that the center had all kids of new toys and he was excited to go there. so I sat and waited and about a week later mom gave notice and she told me the kids needed more of a school setting not a second mom I was not impressed to say the least. I thought oh I am so glad I loved your kids for the last two yrs when you were at work. Whatever I guess this has been a while ago it happened but it still drives me batty.
Wish I knew why parents want their kids to grow up at lightening speed and be students in a "school" when they really need to be with a "mom". It's like they want to skip childhood completely.

From the time we hit kindergarten to the day we retire, we live by the clock.

Kids need to be kids...not students by three years old.....so sad. No timetables, no schedules, no pre-set adult agendas. I guess parents don't understand that their child learns every day and doesn't need a desk to succeed as a toddler. They need hugs and they need read to and they need talked to and allowed to explore the world at THEIR pace. There's plenty of time for school.