View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 11:23 AM 01-18-2013
Here's a quick one that I typed up. Before you type up notices I would figure out how you want to everything such as whether you would like to offer full-time, part-time and drop-in childcare (for the client that only wants to pay for the days that they use). If you offer these make sure you charge what you want for FT, a little bit more for PT and then even more for drop-in (when broken down hourly). If you decide to continue to offer drop-in (at a premium) you will need a drop-in contract. The nice thing about drop-in child care is that since it's based on availability you can still continue to look for FT or PT clients. THAT is the benefit of paying a flat weekly rate vs paying as you go, you get a guaranteed spot.

Dear DCP's,

As of [two weeks from now] changes in the way that daycare spots are held, handled and paid for will be made. The daycare will offer full-time, part-time and drop-in childcare services. Each families needs will be re-assessed and each client will decide which services are best suited for their needs.

Full-time is four to five days a week [or 30-50 hours per week] and will be charged $***.xx per week.

Part-time is 3 or less days per week [or 30 hours per week or less] and will be charged $***.xx per week.

Both full-time and part-time will be charged at a flat weekly rate and will be based on enrollment, not on attendance. This will weekly fee will guarantee your child's spot based on the contracted hours and no discounts will be given for child absences.

Drop-in will be charged as follows:
Full-day: $XX.xx per day with a maximum of 10 hours per day.
Hourly: $ X.xx per hour with a minimum of four hours of childcare.

Drop-in is for clients not wishing to pay a flat weekly rate and who need pay-as-you-go childcare. Drop-in slots are based on availability and not guaranteed.

Please review these options and feel free to discuss any questions or concerns with me. All clients have until the deadline to review the options and to sign new contracts. Current client contracts expire on the above deadline.

Thank you
Provider