View Single Post
Unregistered 10:49 AM 06-25-2009
I am a licensed provider and have been for 12 years and the things that make me upset about unlicensed provider's are that they take away the children that we could get as children. When you loose a family and need to replace that income alot of times people go to unlicensed providers because they will charge less. They do not have all the fees or classes that a licensed provider has to take. As a unlicensed provider they are only allowed to watch children from one family and they can still have up to 8 children as long as they are from one family and you can only have 2 children under the age of 2 and the number's are in total including your own children 8. 6 full time children 2 before and after school children except in the summer. I agree people should mind thier own business if there is no harm to the children, but without asking questions or seeing it first hand how are you to know. If it is an unlicensed daycare or licensed either way you never know how your children are being treated because you are not there to see it. You as a parent have to use common sense and gut feeling's when choosing a provider. Always get referrals and you can call the state and get background checks. Licensed providers have to give their fingerprints when they get licensed. Just remember that the children should always come first. They are the priority not your neighbor. So if they are illegal or harming the children yes they should be turned in. But if they are doing it the right way then leave them alone. As far as taxes you do not know if they are claiming or not so you have no right to complain unless you know they are'nt. But remember you chose to get licensed and pay your taxes to do it the legal way.