View Single Post
nannyde 01:27 PM 07-25-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I run a daycare home in a small (10,000).

I own the home it is used completly for daycare. We have been open 7 years and are VERY well known and repected in the community. The only 'turn over" we have had is when a family moves away (only 4 times) or a child outgrows our program (11yrs old)

The home is older, but clean and mantained. it is really a perfect house for dayare. LARGE (think the size of a big bedroom) entry coat room, cool 'storage' closet that converted perfectly into a baby changing area, two bedrooms, one bath, HUGE living room and large very shaded fenced in back yard. The home is located super close to the corp where most parents work and MAX drive time is 5-10min for all parents. The home is valued @ 107,000. 100,000 is the absolute LOWEST a home in this community goes for unless it needs completly redone.

I would love to be a SHAM when I have children of my own and the plan is to start a family in the next 1-2 years.

Has anyone ever heard of someone selling a home as an already established daycare? I am willing to leave everything behind, and even stay on to help train if needed. This community is not over stimulated with daycare providers there are actually very few. Our town is home to two major coorperations that emlpoyee most of the town (and those surrounding us) We have not been greatly effected by the economy.

We operate now as a two provider daycare (16 children) and have been VERY profitable every year.

Do you think it is possible to sell as a buisness and if so for what price?
I think you could sell the building and contents. Whether or not you have value in the client base would depend on how they will react when they know it's for sale.

At that small size, I don't know if there is any value in the day care being full. The fact that you can show tax returns and profit should increase the value of it. Part of the value of it would be whether or not what you do is easily replicable in that setting. If you are doing odd hours, early hours, late pick ups, evening, allowing long hour days for same price ... etc.

Meaning... is your profit more a reflection of what you do that is special that the new owners would have to do in order to turn a profit. If you are running a regular 6-6 business that any incoming provider would expect to have to do... then that would increase it's value. If it's odd or special then maybe not so much value.