View Single Post
MommyMuffin 06:19 AM 10-13-2010
When looking for care for my daughter I always called resource and referral for child care. I do not know if they have that in your area. They send you a list of licensed providers. It was just my preference to have someone licensed. They sent me out a list of 20 or so providers that fit the times I needed and had space in their program. I met with quite a few to see what was out there. I always went with my gut instinct too. I ended up finding a great one!

I would make sure you read the contract carefully and make sure it is something you can agree too. I would perform a background check if not already provided for you.
I would ask about their parenting style, how they would guide negative behavior, what their daily schedule looks like? Do they transport children, if so where to..feildtrips, errands? What is their sick/illness policy, for your children and for them.
As far as stopping by I would just be up front and let them know what you would like, be reasonable, remember nap time is a bad to come and when you come it can disrupt the day, maybe schedule a few visits. Or ask provider if it is ok to just pop in a few times in the begining of the transition? whatever you guys find appropriate. You should find a provider you feel comfortable talking to.
Good luck! I am sure some other providers will have more helpful information.