View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by misskjp:
Normal rate is flat rate $18 per day for am/pm care - that includes transport and before/after care at my home.

Double checking on my auto policy as we speak. You guys have me scared now!
Oh, don't be freaked out.... I wasn't aware when you initially posted that you already transport. I thought you were asking about doing it temporarily for one family and that it wasn't something you did regularly already....

If you already transport to and from school to your house I am sure you are just fine....and you are basically asking what to charge for a ONE time transport fee for a family just for the week correct?

If so my answer is to charge a fee of maybe $20-25 as it's temporary but IS additional work and is kind of a "special service" as you don't normally offer transportation from parents' homes....

I would also consider saying no as you already transport but ONLY to/from school and sometimes when we go that extra mile for a parent that asks, they assume that service will always be available. kwim?

If this parent has no bus service for the week and the reason why "could" potentially happen again, she is always going to expect you to offer your services then and depending on whether or not you want to always be that safety net for her would be your answer as to whether or not you want to do this for her "just this week" know what I mean?