View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 04:10 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
I would get an atomic clock (the kind you can't argue about accuracy because it automatically sets itself) if you are going to do anything about it. My new newsletter (to be initialled or signed after discussing with each parent at drop off) would say:

"We just got a new clock, it will be "Official Day Care Time" so set your watches to it. This is the clock I will go by, so if you or your child are still here at closing time, you will be responsible for paying a late pick up penalty starting at 5:31pm as outlined in your handbook. This is not a new rule, but it has been taken for granted lately so this will be the remedy to that problem. This new procedure will take effect starting today. Please be on time. Thank you in advance."
Perfect! I might add that "should you wish to discuss the child's day, please be sure to come 10-15 minutes prior to the 5:30 closing time so that we can talk without you being charged for it."

Parents don't realize how exausting child care can be. Their 1 or 2 may not tire them out but when you have 5-10, it can zap you.

Everyone looks forward to quitting time and they need to understand and RESPECT that fact.