View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:59 PM 01-29-2012
Where I live, daycare liability insurance is NOT required. If you choose not to carry a liability policy, according to our licensing regulations, we must inform our parents of this choice.

We are then required to have each parent sign a statement acknowledging this information.

So, yes absolutely would I put that in my contract if I didn't carry liability insurance.

I don't understand what you mean though when you say would it stand up in court? If it is the law to inform parents that you don't carry liability insurance there is nothing to go to court over.

I carry a liability policy but not a "normal" homeowners policy (as I do not reside in my child care home). I am required to inform parents that I don't carry a "normal" home owners but do have liability insurance.

My parents all sign off on this info and are fully aware of who my insurance covers and under what circumstances.

Remember, just because something seems odd to you or the way your state does something, doesn't necessarily mean it is odd to others. The rules, laws and regulations vary so much from state to state that it is hard to keep track.

I find it odd that California does not allow infant exersaucers and I also find it odd that Catherder must put ALL children in the same room while napping and that some states require daycare providers to live in their daycares.....I could go on but you get the point.