Thread: Worst DC Parent
View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:05 AM 08-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Short answer- yes I've thought about it. Longer answer- I don't think I could have made in this business 2 decades if it worried me. If it happens I know my career is probably screwed, but I can't live my life based on the possibility of someone else might lie. By that line of logic I wouldn't have gotten married because if things went south she might say I abused her. As for "special precautions" not really other when I was in centers the standard policies for all staff. I had problems centers not letting me work with infants and individual parents not letting their kids be in my classroom/ staff not wanting me there, but it was the minority. I say set your own guidelines to your comfort level and go with it.
This is great advice from a male provider!!

My DH feels the same....he said he can't control others and how they perceive things but he can be cautious and do whatever it takes to avoid situations where someone might make something out of nothing but even if he does that every day without fail, it doesn't mean he is guaranteed to never be accused of anything (we all know how some parents can be...) Instead of living in fear of "what if..." we all need to make sure we are PRO-active verses reactive.