View Single Post
Michael 03:11 PM 04-27-2012
Well this is sure is a "New Age" topic for you. I've read up on many religious/occult/spiritual/philosophies from pruely a layman's point of view. I feel we all need to find ourselves and what works for us as individuals. Since I believe there is a God/Creator I feel it is important to have a personal relationship with that entity. We can use external expriences to help to us focus internally. I think the most important statement you made was that you were listening to your inner self. Many people have a difficult time stopping all the sensory noise to truely listen to those other forces that are not seen but present.

I think one of the most important exercises I know of is prayer. In that, I mean the expression of "asking" for what is needed, not just what is wanted. It makes that conversation a one on one experience with a higher power and that in itself is empowering.

Also, the exercise of the Revseral of Daily Activities. At bedtime reverse all of the activities of your day (rewind from that point to the beginning of your day). It gives you reflection and empathy of who you are and how you relate to those things which are around you. See if you can do it to the smallest detail. You might find in the future you will see things differently.