View Single Post
Familycare71 05:56 PM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
No medication. She has tried all ADHD medication for her age group. All of them had the same side effects for her. Severe depression to the point where I had to take her to the hospital. She may have some ADHD in her but from a lot of research children with ADHD to not respond to medicine like that unless that's not what they have and it's something else. I can't get in any sooner than 3 months.
Oh my... Sometimes a reaction like that can indicate bi-polar. Has that ever been looked at? Her behavior could be consistent with early onset as well. Drs don't like diagnosing it early but sometimes it is done.
Does she want to harm herself? Ik you mentioned choking herself but originally I was thinking of it as a power struggle... But if she is a threat to herself- and I know this will be hard to hear- you may want to take her to emergency phyc. Department. Ik around my area for severe situations it is the best way to get treatment immediately. Obviously I don't know if it is to that extent but it is an option to get her treatment- esp if she seems like she wants to self harm.
How is she in school? Is she holding it together there?
I think I would still talk to parents- you don't have to get into every detail just the basics so they know you know and are on it.
Please take my advice as a person with some experience with children with mood disorders and ASD - but little info.
Can you be more specific as to what exact behaviors you need help with and when they happen? Maybe we can figure out some things to try in the meantime