View Single Post
midaycare 08:59 AM 11-29-2015
We moved around a bit, but the first daycare DS was in was a male owned home daycare. By far, it was the best.

I have always preferred male care givers for DS when available. Boys need male direction, and in my experience teaching in elementary school, the male teachers always had more control over their classrooms and less discipline issues.

When my hubby subs for me (if I am sick, for example), I will ask him how the day went. "How was dcg? Did she throw her normal fit? Did they nap for you?" Hubby always says they were little angels. No fits, follows directions perfectly. When my woman sub comes in, it is a different story. They act crazy for her.

I'm really generalizing here, but there is a reason we generalize. I notice the same thing in DS's Taekwondo class. The male instructors have a very disciplined class, while the female instructors have to constantly dole out push ups because the students don't listen.

I personally like for DS to be both nurtured and disciplined, so for us, we insert males into DS's life wherever possible.

Reading my post through, I hope it wasn't offensive to women. We all know women secretly rule the world.