View Single Post
NillaWafers 08:17 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:
That's amazing that you got that name. Its valuable. (I see now you were using BlackCat.com as an example)

It is a piece pf property on the internet that you actually own. All those other addresses like twitter, facebook, instagram, are pages that you use but don't own. If that company changes their policy or goes out of business, so does your content there.

A domain name can be used for just about anything. Hillary knew the importance of owning a server(computer) that was operated relative to her domain name and email address. Its like owning a house. You can do what you want with it. Chat, photos, blog, email, forum, sales, business the options are endless. Its an address that gives your access and distribution to the world.

I would imagine BlackCat.com gets lots of direct traffic from around the world without the use of search such as Google. Imagine how much money she would save in not having to pay Google for that traffic. It matters, I should know. Look what you and I get out of Daycare.com which is exactly what I started, created and made profitable.

Yeah, its my house

You are a very smart person. That is EXACTLY the reason. Keep it simple!

.com is the gold standard and the others have their place in the domain extension hierarchy. Here is an article on one of my domain name sales. Yes, they are better investments than real estate: http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm
Hah! Should we be buying you whisky for Christmas? :-P