View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:56 AM 05-15-2018
I seriously thought about giving it up when the whole system switched to kidkare, just because I dislike change. But my fp lady convinced to stay on it by showing me how easy it is. KK hasn't been a big problem for me because all I do is the food part of it. I get anywhere from 300-400 a month(don't have a full count lots of meals); I'm on the higher tier. If I wasn't then I wouldn't bother. The FP woman I have is wonderful, a former provider herself so she's totally understanding. If she made life difficult that'd be another reason for me to drop it.
At tax time, my acct. adds the FP income to my regular income and then uses the meal rates on the deductions end. He said it's pretty much a wash because I've asked him if it's worth it. I always count things such as cupcakes, popsicles, and family events as separate expenses though, but make sure I serve the required 2 components for snacks, etc.
You can count infants, even just bottle feeding them, which is nice.
FP comes quarterly here too. Doing meal counts and menus isn't that big of a deal. There is a required 2 hr. training each year.