Thread: Socks Off!!!
View Single Post
daycaremom76 12:51 PM 01-07-2013
I hate shoes and socks and I think my dck's see me bare foot so they do the same thing. I ask the parents if they care and so far in 3yrs no one has cared. All my kids have their own cubby the bottom compartment has a picture of a pair of shoes and a pair of socks (I laminated it and glued it to the bottom) so even my 15 month old takes his shoes and socks off and puts them where the pictures are. The only time they put them on is when when go outside in the winter or when they leave. I even have a hard time keeping them on in the summer when we are outside (again my parents know and don't care) our yard is fenced, our dogs are not allowed in the daycare side and we seldom has dandylions or bee issues so they love their toes in the dirt and sand. We have a hose next to the door so I just hose them off before they come in. We have lost socks in the past and the parents don't seem to care cause they usually turn up. I just place them on the sign in station and either the kids know their socks or the parents do. Before I did this I worked 15yrs in a business professional office so I am VERY laid back when it comes to dress policy and and shoes and socks!