View Single Post
nannyde 01:22 PM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
1. What they are asking to be paid is $800 that is 3/4 of my mortgage payment...no I do not have the money upfront to pay them.

2. I did not refuse services to them for the month of February and they had already previously told me they were staying for the full month.

3. As a sucessful business owner I do intend to stand my grounds when it comes to my business. They were well aware of my policies and procedures when starting with me.

4. It's fine if you choose to let families walk at any point when only being with you for x number of months, but I do not. My income is what provides for my family and it is important I make sure that income is secure.

5. I realize that there was not a signed contract and I should have gotten them one as soon as I could have but I didn't, my mistake yes...means it's going to take more time and effort on my part to present my case before the judge but it does not mean that I do not have a case. If a LAWYER has already advised me on what to do and has told me that I have grounds to stand on and the chances of them winning in court are very small, I'm going to trust that LAWYER and go ahead and fight my case. I deserve respect if I let one family walk all over me it won't be long before another one does the same (contract or not it's irrelevant). If you look information on whether or not a verbal contract is legally binding or not I think you will be quite surprised with what you find.
Well I guess I'm wondering why you are here. Are you here to tell us that we can secure deposits that are non refundable, not have one client sign termination notice agreements, have the other clients sign the notice agreement, and then expect the one client that didn't to give notice or loose their money if they give some verbal agreement?

I'm confused.

You are here to school us on verbal agreements in Canada?

I think it's odd that the one thing your attorney told you to show the judge is most likely going to be the one thing that shows the judge you didn't do your job... but I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck and follow your gut.