View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:45 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Darling:
Well, we bought the house with location, size, work situation, schools, cost, and our family in mind. We are not aiming to be a center with a dozen kids. This is our home where we would like to care for 3 kids plus our little guy. Daycare setup was never a consideration when we bought it years ago. Thank you for the input, but we can't exactly change the shape or size of our home.
I had 3 children growing up and doing dc in a house smaller than yours. It worked. Can you place your couch against a wall somewhere and open up the interior of your room more? I would also play up the fact you're staying a small child care so you are able to devote more one on one time while children are younger when they need it, to cuddle, to read stories together, keeping a calmer more peaceful environment, etc., etc. When children are 6 weeks-3 yo dcps still want that special attention for their child and it seems by the time a child is 3 yo now, parents are ready for the center or preschool.
Do you know anybody who could get you some tree stumps, logs, or flat stones to create some sort of fun-looking space in your backyard? I can't remember seeing a sand box or water table outside but those are definitely big hits. You have a wonderfully big yard!! I envy you, you have grass.
This summer hit the yard sales and think outside the box.
Also, your nap room, while I understand you need it peaceful and quiet, and you do have some things on the wall, it still doesn't catch the eye. Maybe make things that can hang on the ceiling or even put pictures up there of babies sleeping that they can look at. Do you have an unbreakable mirror you can hang on the wall?
Go to pinterest and search. Amazing ideas everywhere you look.
I started dc when my ds was 18 mo. Mostly what I had was his toy box and toys in the living room. But that was over 33 years ago, times and competition has changed.
Good luck and keep it up! I love the website and agree with some of the changes suggested.
Do you have a handbook or policies you could add to the site?