View Single Post
LittleScholars 09:41 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
If I decide to close, I don't charge for the day. If parents decide to keep their children home, I do charge. I almost never close because of the weather, though. We get snowstorms that will sometimes keep families at home but other than that, we don't generally have weather that is severe enough for me to make the decision to close the day care. I'm at home so my own commute is an easy one. I usually remain open because some parents have to work regardless of the weather and I assume the other parents who don't have to work are responsible enough to make the decision on whether or not to bring their kids to day care.
Same. I called a snow day the day before Christmas break and didn't charge. Weather was predicted to be bad and all parents were off anyway. I didn't charge and enjoyed my extra long break.

Other than that, all pay. I still have to get up, wait for them to decide what they are doing, and can't schedule anything else that day. That certainly doesn't qualify as a personal day in my book, so I charge without guilt. I also don't refund for partial snow days. I do refund if I have to close early due to personal reasons, but I don't see the weather as a personal matter (even if I encourage early pick ups).