View Single Post
AllDeezBabies 07:00 AM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I admit there have been times over the years I have worked with parents when it comes to payments but ONLY if I have a good relationship with them and ONLY if I know that child care payments are a priority for them and that they are being truthful....as we all know money issues happen sometimes.

However, in this particular case, this mom was absolutley disresepctful to you as she KNEW you said "NO-pay NO-stay" and then STILL showed up anyways?!?!

To me, that says, "I really don't take anything you say seriously and if I show up, you will be FORCED to take my child." How utterly rude and disrespectful.

Did she think you would take one look at her child and feel so sad that you would cave....not that you dodn't feel horrible....just that she EXPECTED you to!! I am sorry, but that is pretty ballsy if you ask me.

I think that by turning her away for no payment, you taught her a valuable lesson. I think you definitely did the right thing.
This is the exact message she is sending to me. Like she is saying "Forget payment I HAVE to go to work. Work is more important, she can wait for payment"

My parents know I have a soft spot for children but I had to remind her that at the end of the day I have to protect my income and provide for my family. She understood when I asked her how would she feel if she worked two weeks and her employer advised her she would not be getting paid on payday.