View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 12:13 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My one dcm is expecting and her son (my 4 yo dcb) is telling everyone there is SIX babies in mommies tummy!!
I think it's funny what kids think about this subject.

My 5.5 ds is adopted. He was adopted at birth. Welll, we've always said we would be honest and explain things as they come along.

Wellllllll about a year ago we started with small bits of information about adoption etc.... That same week he heard me on the phone scheduling spays and neuters for some of our kittens... He asked about what that was. He's seen kittens being born so he gets it... I thought... So I explain that neutering means they can't help the little girls make babies etc etc...

Welllll also in that's week, was the adoption conversation about how I couldn't have any more babies etc...

So one morning, he busts out crying saying he didn't want to be adopted. So I explain it's a little too late for that.. But he was serious...

So i said "son what does adopted mean" and he says "it means I can't have kids one day like Nibbles" and it was all I could do to not laugh... He thought somewhere I was taking HIM to get NEUTERED and that neutered was adopted.... Sigh.....

Thankfully he gets he terms now... Of course this is my boy who pulled his wonky out a few weeks ago and peed on the playground... Sigh...