View Single Post
Cat Herder 09:58 AM 02-19-2021
I think it is simpler than that. Experienced providers think and act their way through issues. New providers feel their way through them. The forum reads the same way.

It takes years to be able to appreciate the difference and put it into practice. My business has very little impact on my emotions, anymore. It simply is not personal to me.

When I first came to this forum, it still was emotional, a bit. I was using my business to meet unmet personal emotional needs at home. Once I recognized it, thanks to posters here, I was able to address my needs and put my business back into the structure, consistency and rationality it required. Emotions = Family. Policies = Business. The parents seemed happier, too. No more walking on eggshells for anyone.

I struggle with this vote because I often go back to old posts to check myself when I feel nothing. I don't want to go too far in either direction. Mush or Steel. I love the archives so much more than the current topics. I miss actual debate, educational topics and open ended discussion. I loathe all the required parroting of "QRIS". Original ideas, techniques and opinions based on hands on experience, please.

I understand change needs to happen and I will support this forum either way. It has helped my marriage, parenting and business. I am very thankful for it.