View Single Post
wdmmom 10:45 AM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Please reach out and allow others to help you. Your inability to let go of the total control is going to have some serious impacts on your children as they grow.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what you have written, it is your husband and his son, then, it is you and your children. It appears that rather than blending you are keeping the families seperate in order for you to keep control. Do you really think this is fair to your children?
LIving the life I am and the circumstances surrounding it, yes, right now, this is the way things need to be.

I knew getting into this that he had a son that lived with grandma and I knew the circumstances surrounding why. He was basically thrown onto our laps when grandma decided to pick herself up a boyfriend and live the "be young, be free, go ___ " lifestyle. Fair?! Not so much. I never expected to "parent" this child.

And, "keeping control" as you call it isn't the reason for not blending as you see it. As I see it, we are all individuals living together. We are not harmonious or in unison. We are just us being who we are. Better to be me than live a lie and be someone I'm not.