View Single Post
Crazy8 07:18 AM 07-06-2011
sounds like its not really a matter of how the sports will affect your daycare - because that part is totally doable. And sounds like its not a money issue because you've already said you live in a nice house and go on nice vacations, etc. and I don't even know about the cost you quoted - I have 3 children all in Pop Warner football/cheer and it does not even cost me $500 for all 3 of them combined - and we live in a high COL area. I have a son on a travel soccer team and that is the one that can cost $500-700/year. So considering your son has never done football before I would start with something like Pop Warner or AYF or whatever you have near you and not this $500+ football team.

Basicially it sounds like YOU don't want to do this and as his parent that is YOUR choice - but don't try to mask it as not working for the family or not fair to your other children. You can make it work if you want to. And newsflash, you can still get the laundry done and dinner made if your son plays football. AND your other children may actually enjoy going to his games, my kids do.

I also NEVER would have said "I do" to a man who didn't consider my children his own and vice versa but I guess that is an entirely different topic and really has nothing to do with the sports.