View Single Post
Michelle 07:36 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
It's not a matter of me and mine, it's a matter of a a grandma running the show and trying to continue running the show and BUYING this kid love. Now he wants us to provide this, that and the other while I have raised my children with values that you get what you work for.

I never intended to or signed up to parent anyone elses child. Personally, I think it's overstepping my boundaries. I can guide him and provide him with directions but they fall on deaf ears. I know the birth mother had drug issues and probably struggled with them throughout her pregnancy. I've suggested he be tested but because he didn't have drugs in his system at birth, they think he's fine. Both grandma and dad play "special" to this kid and I'm the only one that's keeping it real!

Why live in a fantasy world when the obvious are right in front of you.

As for the way I live, don't feel sorry for me or my kids. We have a wonderful relationship and they are well taken care of. Beings that my ex husband beat me and left us, I had to fill the shoes. These precious lives are my responsibility and my responsibility alone. I brought them into the world. Being a parent means taking responsibility. I did that a long time ago.
Don't let some of these people get to you.
A lot of these women do not know what it's like to be a single mom and they have no idea. My hubby went on a business trip for a week and I did not like being alone and trying to handle things by myself...and that was just a week!
Some people just like to argue and make others feel bad. I found that out for myself. I admire you and how well you are raising your children.

There is no one perfect way to raise kids. You are those kids hero for getting them away from that abusive situation and I love the values you are teaching them. Sports are great but not all kids can do.