View Single Post
seashell 02:09 PM 10-13-2009
I am still in shock! A neighbor complained that I was letting my daycare children play outside, unattended. DCF showed up on my door step today to investigate. They pushed their way into my house and started examining every inch of my house and the kids I was caring for. The claim was that I was allowing school age children to play outside in the parking area and in the road on a regular basis, with no supervision.

Ready for the kicker here? I don't have afterschool children! The kids they are talking about are neighborhood children, playing outside afterschool. I know the children they are talking about and yes, one of them is my own 11 year old daughter. She can't play outside with her friends why? The kids are all in the middle school, 4th grade and over. My daycare children are all under 3. There was one day a few weeks ago that one of the girls fell off her bike and scraped her leg. My daughter brought her inside and I washed a very small cut and put a band aide on it. I guess this neighbor saw her come in and assumed they all belonged with me.

I explained that my DC kids were all infants and toddlers and that I didn't have school age kids. I explained the kids in question lived in the neighborhood. They didn't believe me! They asked for the names and contact info of my parents. I gave it to them because I have nothing to hide. I told my parents about this when they picked up. One immediately asked for the agents number, she wanted to call and set them straight. She wants to sue them for talking to and evaluating her child without permission.

They claim that this is a pending investigation and they will be in contact. They also told me I could not care for the kids until I heard from. Ummm . . . I did nothing wrong here! They weren't my kids! Does this mean that they will be coming back to harass me some more? I am not stopping caring for the kids when I clearly know this is a misunderstand that will be resolved. What will happen if they find the kids here before the realize the mistake?

Advise is soooo appreciated!

I HATE NOSEY PEOPLE!