View Single Post
jolson 12:44 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I use west bend insurance and they are wonderful!

I use to have it with my homeowners and it was only $80/year and it covered up to 4 kids (plus my 2 kids). This one is about $600/year, covers up to 16 kids. I also added:
- extra insurance because i have a dog and a cat
- extra property insurance
- increased some of the coverages
- added field trip coverage
and I cant remember what else, but I basically said yes to just about all the add ons. I figured if I ever have a claim that I will be covered so the extra costs was worth it.

We recently had a massive rain storm (it actually made records with a large amount of rain fall in a small amount of time) and we got water damage in our daycare area. My homeowners insurance would not cover it (stating that we don't have flood insurance BUT we are not allowed to purchase it because we are not in a flood area!), so I called West Bend. They were wonderful! We run the daycare out of the lower level and we had a lot of damaged toys and big items (bookshelves, books, kids chairs, high chairs/booster chairs, etc.) and they covered the claim with no issues. Even called me back to follow up and make sure it was sufficient to replace all of the damaged items!!
West Bend/NSI is outstanding. I am an independent insurance agent in MN and West Bend is my company of choice when it comes to Childcare Insurance. They do business in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

If anyone is looking for assistance in MN, I would be happy to help you out with a quote or just answer any questions you may have.