View Single Post
Oneluckymom 10:25 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Does anyone here that does organic also do the food program and how does that work? I guess I always think of organic as fruit and veggies but then some of you said no processed foods so I'm wondering what organic really is. If you do no processed what things do you serve for childcare? It seems like everything is packaged in some way.

I'm very, very interested in eating healthy but it seems soooooo expensive! Everytime my husband and I have tried it (we have a weekly food budget) we only end up spending money for foods for dinner and then we are out and haven't got any other food. We have 6 in our family.

Also, for those that are on the food program do your checks cover the cost of buying organic? Guess that is another main question I have. Do you seem to spend more for less food, same amount or more food when you buy organic.
I do not buy anything packaged, except for some cereal and crackers. Sometimes chips for my husband. I make everything from scratch. Now I want a bread maker and have my husband sold on it

But I am also wondering the same about the food program. I have tried to buy everything at trader joes or other whole food markets and have noticed it is a bit more expensive, especially MEAT which was my main concern as far as cost goes.