View Single Post
Unregistered 09:47 AM 12-22-2011
First let me say that I love this post-

but here is where I feel the struggle

How do we stay up on the recent if we revert back to the "olden days"? Are we supposed to move forward as a society and embrace the technology and different ways of doing things?

When looking for a daycare do I want modern, up to date style or do I want my kiddo's to learn stuff that Grandma doesn't even do anymore.

I struggle with the less is more- because kids and the parents, expect more- often I find myself wanting more too. We live in a "now" world. We don't have to wait for the phone to go all around the rotary before it hits the number, then wait for the next one, then wait for the tone and then finally let the phone ring and ring until someone picks it up live. Is the imagination working on the fancy blocks just as much as it would the plain ones, but we are not seeing the results of this because it is far more advanced then what we can understand- thus the fancy blocks that move and wiggle and stack are created. Maybe the future will have blocks that have moving pictures inside them that teach, like a mini TV Hologram.

So do we progress, stay the same or revert? I don't know if the answer is go back to Grandma or move forward. Food for thoughts-

I too have thoughts of taking everything out of my daycare that has a battery, but am I doing this for the right reasons. Maybe the approach needs to be to embrace the new way our world is moving, even if it makes me uncomfortable. In the school systems we see movement of future, so as providers should this movement start with us? Computers, Ipads, ipods, cell phones, digital cameras etc..... This is hard for me, because I see kid's with Nooks, Ipads, parents shopping for these things for them for Christmas and I can't even afford them for myself........ so then there is another struggle. How to keep up with a moving world when I can't afford to stay on top?

Sorry for going off on this topic, but it sparked some good Food for thoughts from me- Anyone care to share more on this?